Terms of Participation
As a nonprofit organization choosing to participate in Give DeKalb County, we ask that you carefully review these Terms of Participation which set forth the services and duties provided by Give DeKalb County and the roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that our organization is a tax exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit recognized by the Internal Revenue Service and I will provide our EIN number for verification. (Check IRS compliance here.)
- I confirm that our organization is legally authorized to fundraise in the state of Illinois and is registered to do so with the Illinois Attorney General’s office. (Learn more about state compliance here.)
- I confirm that our organization is located in, serving, and/or conducting organizational activities in DeKalb County, Illinois.
- I agree that a participation fee will be deducted from the net proceeds raised by our organization through Give DeKalb County and if we should not receive sufficient donations through the giving day, we will pay the participation fee to the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership.
- I understand that the DeKalb County Community Foundation will collect donations on our behalf and that the funds will ultimately be distributed by the Community Foundation. I understand that the Community Foundation does not solicit donations on our behalf.
- I agree for our organization to be listed on the Give DeKalb County website and I understand that our organization may be named in promotional materials or activities.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform being used to market Give DeKalb County and all participating organizations, and to process all donations during Give DeKalb County.
- I agree to submit accurate information for our online profile by April 10, 2020.
- I understand that maintaining and/or editing our online profile is our responsibility and that it is not the responsibility of GiveGab, the Community Foundation, nor the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership.
- I understand that our organization will receive all of the funds that have been donated to our organization less any fees not covered by the individual donor and less the participation fee. I understand that our organization will also receive a proportion of the bonus pool matching funds.
- I understand that funds raised during Give DeKalb County will be for general operating support and that our giving day campaign may not be part of a larger capital campaign.
- I agree that, in the event we choose to list an Endowment Fund held at the DeKalb County Community Foundation, all donations made to that Fund will become part of that Fund for our behalf as determined by the Fund agreement in affect with the Community Foundation.
- I acknowledge and understand that donors voluntarily choose to whom they will donate and that Give DeKalb County is not responsible for the amount of money raised by our organization and that participating in Give DeKalb County does not constitute any assurance of funding for our organization.
- I agree that our organization’s staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors are responsible for promoting Give DeKalb County and will do so responsibly and professionally. I understand that any defamatory or inappropriate use of Give DeKalb County logos, marketing materials, social media content, and/or other promotional items is prohibited and could result in being removed from Give DeKalb County participation.
- I understand that an organization's participation in Give DeKalb County does not constitute an express or implied endorsement of a nonprofit or its mission by the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership, DeKalb County Community Foundation, Give DeKalb County or any other giving day partner or media sponsor. I understand that participation may be determined by the Give DeKalb County Committee and that their decision is final.
- I understand that only donations made during Give DeKalb County on May 7, 2020 will count toward any incentives offered as part of the event.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, television, or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in Give DeKalb County.
- I understand that accuracy of the information about our organization included on the Give DeKalb County website is the responsibility of our organization and that the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership, DeKalb County Community Foundation, Give DeKalb County, and GiveGab do not make any explicit or implicit representation regarding the accuracy of this same information.
- I understand that all donations during Give DeKalb County are made to the DeKalb County Community Foundation meaning the information of all donors who participate in Give DeKalb County is viewable by the DeKalb County Community Foundation.
- I understand that refusal to accept these Terms means that our organization may not participate in Give DeKalb County.
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249(c)(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, marital or parental status, political affiliation, military service, physical or mental ability, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the DeKalb County Community Foundation, and any other program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds appropriated for grants, cooperative agreements, and other assistance administered by the Community Foundation.