Give DeKalb County Updates
We understand that many of your fundraising efforts are currently impacted by evolving public health directives and event cancellations. Here you will find the latest information regarding Give DeKalb County and how to take full advantage of your Giving Day. Additionally, we are continuously working on providing resources to help your organization continue to succeed.
Changes & Updates - UPDATED April 1, 2020
- Current Giving Day date: May 7
- Due to COVID-19, the Give DeKalb County Committee decided to proactively cancel walk-in donations for the safety of volunteers, staff, and participants. This aligns with current guidelines in Illinois to ‘shelter-in-place.’
- Donors can now choose to donate by mail by downloading and printing a donation form. Complete the form indicating the organization(s), and donation amount(s), then write a single check for the total amount payable to “DCCF.” Checks can be mailed to DeKalb County Community Foundation, 475 DeKalb Avenue, Sycamore, IL 60178.
- Donations received by mail will not appear on the website until the giving day on May 7. Depending on the volume of donations, there is no guarantee that donations postmarked after April 27 will be visible on the website by May 7. As mailed donations continue to arrive after the giving day, they will be added to the website and the leaderboard and organizational totals will continue to increase.
- If you are feeling sick, please donate online instead of by mail. Volunteers and staff will take precautions in handling mailed donations, but we appreciate your consideration of their safety and well-being.
- More updates will be available later so check back frequently
- Webinar: "Strategies for an impactful Giving Day during COVID19"
- Date: March 20: 1:00PM EST
- Topics include: Continuing to connect with supporters, leveraging social media, utilizing fundraising tools and continued community engagement.