A Bonus Pool of money was raised to boost donations made through Give DeKalb County. There are multiple benefits of the Bonus Pool, most importantly:
- The entire Bonus Pool is distributed to participating nonprofits, providing valuable unrestricted funding.
- The Bonus Pool encourages more donations from donors because they know their gifts are boosted during Give DeKalb County!
- Donations made online and by mail are eligible to leverage funds from the Bonus Pool—learn more about Ways to Give.
Give DeKalb County Bonus Pool
The Bonus Pool is awarded to all participating nonprofits based on the percentage of the overall giving day total they raise. For example: If a nonprofit raises 2% of our giving day total, they will receive 2% of the Bonus Pool…if they raise 5% of the grand total, they get 5% of the Bonus Pool. Basically, the Bonus Pool ensures that every donation goes a little bit further during Give DeKalb County.
Quick Start Incentive - $10,000
Let’s start strong! If $200,000 or more is raised by 10am on May 7, an additional $10,000 will be unlocked for the Bonus Pool. This incentive is made possible by a generous donation from The Suter Company.
Stronger Together Incentive - $15,000
Now’s the time to come together while we’re apart. If 1,500 individual donors participate in Give DeKalb County, an additional $15,000 will be unlocked for the Bonus Pool! This incentive is made possible by a generous donation from The Suter Company.
Both online and mailed donations/donors count toward the Quick Start and Stronger Together incentives.
Q. How is the bonus pool distributed?
The Bonus Pool is awarded to all participating nonprofits based on the percentage of the overall giving day total they raise. For example: If a nonprofit raises 2% of our giving day total, they will receive 2% of the bonus pool…if they raise 5% of the grand total, they get 5% of the bonus pool. Basically, the bonus pool ensures that your donation goes a little bit further during Give DeKalb County.
Q. Who has given to the bonus pool?
Give DeKalb County Community Partners have contributed to the Bonus Pool. Their logos and names can be found on our homepage.
Q. Who is allowed to give to the bonus pool?
Anyone can donate to the Bonus Pool. Businesses, foundations, and individuals have all made generous contributions to the Bonus Pool as a way to give broadly to ALL the nonprofits participating in Give DeKalb County.
Q. How can I contribute to the bonus pool?
Contact Ben Bingle (firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-748-5383) to make a donation to the bonus pool.
Q. How do you promote Community Partners?
We appreciate the philanthropic leadership of our Community Partners and believe they should be recognized for their generosity. When possible, logos and names of Community Partners are featured in the following ways:
- Logo added to the Give DeKalb County website
- Social media mentions (Give DeKalb County and participating nonprofit social media channels)
- Print media mentions and e-blasts through local Chambers of Commerce
- Mention in DCNP and local nonprofits’ newsletters
- News release to local newspapers and media