Terms of Participation
As a nonprofit organization choosing to participate in Give DeKalb County, we ask that you carefully review these Terms of Participation which set forth the services and duties provided by Give DeKalb County and the roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that our organization has 501(c)3 tax status and I will provide our EIN number for verification.
- I confirm that our organization is located in—or primarily serves—DeKalb County, IL.
- I agree that a participation fee will be deducted from the net proceeds raised by our organization through Give DeKalb County and if we should not receive sufficient donations through the giving day, we will pay the participation fee to the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP).
- I understand that the DeKalb County Community Foundation will collect donations on our behalf and that the funds will ultimately be distributed by the Community Foundation.
- I agree for our organization to be listed on the Give DeKalb County website and I understand that our organization may be named in promotional materials or activities.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform being used to process all online donations during Give DeKalb County.
- I agree to submit accurate information for our online profile by April 7, 2017.
- I understand that maintaining and/or editing our online profile is my responsibility.
- I understand that our organization will receive all of the funds that have been donated to our organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor and less the participation fee.
- I understand that all donations will be disbursed within 60 days and that these funds will be for general operating support/unrestricted use.
- I agree that, in the event we choose to list an Endowment Fund held at the DeKalb County Community Foundation, all donations made to that Fund will become part of that Fund for our behalf as determined by the Fund agreement.
- I acknowledge and understand that donors voluntarily choose to whom they will donate and that Give DeKalb County is not responsible for the amount of money raised by our organization and that participating in Give DeKalb County does not constitute any assurance of funding for my organization.
- I agree that our organization’s staff, board of directors, volunteers and donors are responsible for promoting Give DeKalb County on our website and through social media leading up to and during the giving day event.
- I understand that only donations made during Give DeKalb County on May 4 will count toward any incentives offered as part of the event.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, television, or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in Give DeKalb County.
- I understand that accuracy of the information about my organization included in the Give DeKalb County website is the responsibility of my organization and that the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership, DeKalb County Community Foundation, Give DeKalb County, and GiveGab do not make any explicit or implicit representation regarding the accuracy of this same information.
- I understand that the information of all donors who participate in Give DeKalb County will be viewable by the DeKalb County Community Foundation.
- I understand that refusal to accept these Terms means that our organization may not participate in Give DeKalb County.