Terms of Participation
Please review the following Terms of Participation which outlines the services and duties provided by Give DeKalb County nd roles and responsibilities of all participants. When registering for Give DeKalb County you will be asked to attest that you have read and agree with these Terms of Participation.
- I confirm that my organization is or is being fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3 and will provide our EIN number, contact info, and a representative’s information for verification. (Check IRS compliance here.)
- I confirm that our organization is legally authorized to fundraise in the state of Illinois and is registered to do so with the Illinois Attorney General’s office. (Learn more about state compliance here.)
- I confirm that our organization is located in, serving, and/or conducting organizational activities in DeKalb County, Illinois.
- I agree that a participation fee will be deducted from the net proceeds raised by our organization through Give DeKalb County and if we should not receive sufficient donations through the giving day, the participation fee is still owed to the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership
- I understand that the DeKalb County Community Foundation will collect donations on our behalf and that the funds will ultimately be distributed by the Community Foundation. I understand that the Community Foundation does not solicit donations on our behalf.
- I agree for our organization to be listed on the Give DeKalb County website and I understand that our organization may be named in promotional materials or activities.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform used to market Give DeKalb County and all participating organizations, and which will process all online contributions made to the event.
- I agree to submit accurate information for our online profile by April 7, 2023.
- I understand that maintaining and/or editing our online profile is our responsibility and that it is not the responsibility of GiveGab, the Community Foundation, nor the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership.
- I understand that our organization will receive all of the funds that have been donated to our organization less any fees not covered by the individual donor and less the participation fee. I understand that our organization will also receive a portion of the Bonus Pool.
- I understand that any funds raised through Give DeKalb County will be for general operating support and that our giving day campaign may not be part of a larger capital campaign.
- I agree that, in the event we choose to list a Fund held at the DeKalb County Community Foundation, all donations made to that Fund will become part of that Fund for our behalf as determined by the Fund agreement.
- I acknowledge and understand that donors voluntarily choose to whom they will donate and that Give DeKalb County is not responsible for the amount of money raised by our organization and that participating in Give DeKalb County does not constitute any assurance of funding for our organization.
- I agree that our organization’s staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors are responsible for promoting Give DeKalb County and will do so responsibly and professionally. I understand that any defamatory or inappropriate use of Give DeKalb County logos, marketing materials, social media content, and/or other promotional items is prohibited and could result in being removed from Give DeKalb County participation.
- I understand that an organization's participation in Give DeKalb County does not constitute an express or implied endorsement of a nonprofit or its mission by the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership, DeKalb County Community Foundation, Give DeKalb County or any other giving day partner or sponsor.
- I understand that the Give DeKalb County Committee of the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership may determine an organization’s participation and that their decision is final.
- I understand that only donations made during Give DeKalb County’s designated event period will count toward any incentives offered as part of the event.
- I understand that any donations processed outside of Give DeKalb County’s donation period through GiveGab.com, that are not recurring donations initiated during Give DeKalb County, are subject to transaction fees specific to the GiveGab plan purchased by the receiving organization or fees set by the associated year-round Community Giving or Philanthropy Hub site.
- I understand that in the event of a disputed donation GiveGab will make every effort to win the dispute by submitting evidence on my organization's behalf. In the case that a dispute is lost, I understand it is my organization's responsibility to return the disputed funds.
- I understand refunds are possible in limited circumstances and will be approved by the DeKalb County Community Foundation. I understand a giving day administrator from my organization must request the refund within 4 days of the giving event to be considered.
- I understand that as the administrator of my organization's profile on GiveGab, it is my responsibility to grant (authorize) and revoke (unauthorize) administrative capabilities to other individuals within my organization. I understand that I can choose to allow them full administrative privileges or restrict their ability to view donor data within our organization. I understand that GiveGab will not disclose information about my organization to individual users unless those users are administrative users with appropriate permissions.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to Give DeKalb County to the campaign to create a sense of community-wide excitement among donors, volunteers, media, and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, and volunteers should promote Give DeKalb County over the course of the event using social media, word-of-mouth, and other methods of raising awareness.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any media interviews (e.g., newspapers, online, television, radio) that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in Give DeKalb County rather than focusing solely on the organization I represent.
- I understand that accuracy of the information about our organization included on the Give DeKalb County website is the responsibility of our organization and that the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership, DeKalb County Community Foundation, Give DeKalb County, and GiveGab do not make any explicit or implicit representation regarding the accuracy of this same information.
- I understand that all donations during Give DeKalb County are made to the DeKalb County Community Foundation, meaning the information of all donors who participate in Give DeKalb County is viewable by the DeKalb County Community Foundation.
- I understand that refusal to accept these Terms means that our organization may not participate in Give DeKalb County.
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, marital or parental status, political affiliation, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the Community Foundation, and any other program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds appropriated for grants, cooperative agreements, and other assistance administered by the Community Foundation.